Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register for a Son of a Pit account, sign up for a subscription, participate in any interactive features of the Sites, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a survey, contest, promotion or event, order or purchase (either for yourself or for another person) meals, supplements, testing kits, probiotics or other products made available through the Sites (collectively, the “Products”), apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
- (a) Account Information, such as your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, pet information, order preferences, delivery details and any other information you choose to provide;
- (b) Transaction Information, such as information about the Products you purchase, shipping and delivery information and information related to returns, refunds and cancellations. We do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by our third party payment processor(s).
- (c) Information About Others, such as the names and email addresses of your vet or other service providers or of friends when you invite friends or family to try the Sites or Products.
- (d) Other Information You Choose to Provide, such as when you participate in a survey, contest, promotion or interactive area of the Sites or when you request technical or customer support.
- (e) Pet information, including microbiome and other information, when provided to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Sites, the types of information we may automatically collect about you include:
- (a) Log Information: When you visit the Sites, our servers automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your activities on the Sites.
- (b) Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access or use the Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, network information and information about your use of our applications. With your consent, we may also collect information about the location of your device and access and collect information from certain native applications on your device (such as your device’s camera, photo album and phonebook applications) to facilitate your use of certain features of the Sites. For more information about how you can control the collection of location information and/or our access to other applications on your device, please see “Your Choices” below.
- (c) Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various tracking technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you when you interact with our Sites, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of the Sites are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly. For example, we may collect information about you when you post content to our pages or feeds on third party social media sites, if you use credentials (e.g., username and password) from a third party site to create or log into your Son of a Pit account, or if you purchase from, or engage with, us through one of our partners.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- (a) Provide, maintain and improve the Sites and Products, including aggregating information to perform and publish analyses.
- (b) Manage your account and send you related information, including confirmations, updates, technical notices, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- (c) Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- (d) Communicate with you about the Sites, Products, recipes, services, offers, surveys, events and other news and information we think may be of interest to you;
- (e) Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Sites;
- (f) Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our and others’ rights and property;
- (g) Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content and features that match your profile or interests;
- (h) Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- (i) Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience; and
- (j) Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- (a) With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf, or in partnership with us;
- (b) When you participate in the interactive areas of the Sites or interact with us on third party social media sites, certain information that you provide may be displayed publicly, such as your name, photos and other information you choose to provide;
- (c) In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
- (e) In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business, other change of control transaction or financing;
- (f) Between and among Son of a Pit and any current or future parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company;
- (g) With certain partners in the course of joint promotions or other co-marketing efforts; and
- (h) With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, such as the Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest buttons (e.g., “Like,” “Tweet” and “Pin It”), which let you share actions you take on the Sites with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Customized Ad Campaigns
We may also work with third party social media sites, such as Facebook, to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. For more information about how you can opt out of customized campaigns, please see “Your Choices” below.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to or from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from the Sites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
You may update, correct or modify information about you at any time by logging into your online account or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also will continue to use aggregated information as part of any studies or analyses.
Deletion of Information
If you would like us to delete any or all information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904.701.2233. To the extent compatible with our legal or regulatory record keeping requirements we will promptly comply.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Sites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.